Project-Toruk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next big thing!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Like seriously.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jodie

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:34 pm

8/15 members that have registered are staff.

3 of those people that registered haven't been on since. Leaving it 8/12 people staff.

That means, out of every 3 people, 2 of them is staff.

For a forum that doesn't have much potential, is alot.

I've seen it myself, many members will not join if there's nothing but staff. And most of them are just friends, which I even say involves myself.

What makes you not have much potential?
-You're using a free forum
-You're getting someone else to do your work
-You haven't started on a client

That's alot of people staff. So, you guys need to sort it out.

Hardly any of them are on, and alot of positions are out there when the client isn't. For example, Super Mod, you need a client for, because a super moderator is a moderator for both ingame and forum, hence, super.

"Project-Toruk helper" really?..

At the moment, you have literally no idea on what you're doing...

So, I resign. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
Sir Chivas
Graphic Desginers
Graphic Desginers
Sir Chivas

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:42 pm

You have a point, there. You want me to resign? I'm here to help on the forums, to code. But you do have a point. Theres lots of staff and all of them are Friends. Yes, hardly there not on. Well, eventually in time when the forums gets bigger, at least the forums, then they can have 2-4 staff members. But, yeah for now there should be no staff.
Back to top Go down
Jodie

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:51 pm

I wasn't aiming at just you, please don't feel like I do. I was just saying that if anything, you do most of the work, probably making you the owner, which in that case, we do not need 3 owners. Heck, we don't need 2 owners to work a forum of 13. I guess there should be like (this is what most of my forums have been at the start before I got big)

1 Owner
1 Admin - Because the admin is basically just the owner, but lower rank.
2 Moderators - From 2 different time zones, e.g. USA and UK.

I've always worked my staff around the time zones. But them 3 other people helped me to get in to 1500 players. <3.

So why do we need 8?
Back to top Go down

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 am

This got me demoted. -.-
But i agree so w.e Smile
Back to top Go down

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:27 am

Yeah that's true, everyone has been demoted, we will promote people once we get more people and the server is completed.

also what do you mean we have no potential? there is nothing wrong with using a freeforums were not gunna go spending cash on forums.
Vbulletin is $150 with that money we could buy a vps that would last for over 7 months i dont really get the point..

Aaron has found a nice source, and he is working on it. scratch

Last edited by Turk on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:24 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Chivas
Graphic Desginers
Graphic Desginers
Sir Chivas

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:16 am

Jodie wrote:
I wasn't aiming at just you, please don't feel like I do. I was just saying that if anything, you do most of the work, probably making you the owner, which in that case, we do not need 3 owners. Heck, we don't need 2 owners to work a forum of 13. I guess there should be like (this is what most of my forums have been at the start before I got big)

1 Owner
1 Admin - Because the admin is basically just the owner, but lower rank.
2 Moderators - From 2 different time zones, e.g. USA and UK.

I've always worked my staff around the time zones. But them 3 other people helped me to get in to 1500 players. <3.

So why do we need 8?

Yes; well their barely starting so; maybe let's try helping them out. They want to accomplish something big like you. We don't need a lot of staff. But if it's quite big & active then maybe a couple like 4? Maybe of course ig will be different then forums. Different opportunities ? But yes; quite point. I'm not here to be an owner; I'm here to help my friends accomplish something they want.
Back to top Go down

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:06 am

Just get 2 admin no mods when we have some ppls make selection ''moderator apply'' to see how the member are and then if u have pick some of then look of they are mature, help player,active ect.
One head admin and 1 normal. 1 head mod 2 normal
If server is online u should do every week a staff meeting .
This is what i did at my server and my highest online players was 160
Back to top Go down
Jodie

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:13 am

Turk wrote:
Yeah that's true, everyone has been demoted, we will promote people once we get more people and the server is completed.

also what do you mean we have no potential? there is nothing wrong with using a freeforums were not gunna go spending cash on forums.
Vbulletin is $150 with that money we could buy a vps that would last for over 7 months i dont really get the point..

Aaron has found a nice source, and he is working on it. scratch

I mean you have no potential because barely anybody will register with a free forums.... Trust me, I do know. The forums don't have to be with VBulletin, you can get a forums hooked up with a VPS that allows 2 websites.

sir chivas wrote:
Yes; well their barely starting so; maybe let's try helping them out. They want to accomplish something big like you. We don't need a lot of staff. But if it's quite big & active then maybe a couple like 4? Maybe of course ig will be different then forums. Different opportunities ? But yes; quite point. I'm not here to be an owner; I'm here to help my friends accomplish something they want.

I know they're starting, and I've tried to help them, and it's not even big or active, so even 0 at this time would be good, apart from the owners, of course.

redwan wrote:
Just get 2 admin no mods when we have some ppls make selection ''moderator apply'' to see how the member are and then if u have pick some of then look of they are mature, help player,active ect.
One head admin and 1 normal. 1 head mod 2 normal
If server is online u should do every week a staff meeting .
This is what i did at my server and my highest online players was 160

160 honestly isn't that much, I agree that there should be a staff meeting every week, but only if there's more than 100 players. The downside about advertising for mod, is that, you'll end up with someone you barely know, which can be very bad. You need someone you know, just a little atleast, and see if they're good for mod, not just because they're your friend...
Back to top Go down

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:57 am

When u do staff apply when u pick players you gonna ask to admins and some players how they are ect. When u like it u pick them but first u trail them 2 weeks if u see they are good then prem them i did that to and in temp time i looked every day what thay say ect. of they abuse power like that
Back to top Go down
Sir Chivas
Graphic Desginers
Graphic Desginers
Sir Chivas

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Well that's a good way to see; but in my point of view. I don't ask; I sincerely see who deserves it. Who's more online & helpful to both forums & server. Do to the knowing you give it sometime + the time you see how they really are with powers & if they don't abuse then that's a good moderator.
Back to top Go down

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:29 pm

True but always owner of co or head admin does the staff list .
Better just one do the stafflist cuz u made stafflist with 2 ppls one say i want him other say no i want other then u get fight about it :l
Back to top Go down
Sir Chivas
Graphic Desginers
Graphic Desginers
Sir Chivas

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:36 pm

True that; that's why you should have an administrator for the forums/ then the other for the in game
Back to top Go down
Jodie

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:17 pm

If I honestly say so, in my server that I had years ago, I asked my friends who deserved it, then I watched over them, you know, see how they acted and all (and my friends didn't know) and they were great.
Back to top Go down
Sir Chivas
Graphic Desginers
Graphic Desginers
Sir Chivas

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:48 pm

yeah i get you.
thats a good idea Razz
Back to top Go down
Drizzy
Owner of forums and IG
Owner of forums and IG
Drizzy

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Im just going to say this. We are working on the client i will be hosting it.
Im getting a new computer aswell because i cant save files to my computer anymore
for now.. im using a labtop.

Also let me say this.. - this is my first time ever making or even editing a forum & server.

Also i understand that you guys think the system is messed up but its been fixed for a day now so dont continue this conversation about staff.. i fixed the rank names took out supermod till we get a client and i am looking for people that are trustworthy or atleast known as you said.
I have demoted staff already..

This is the staff till we get the server done.
Me, turk and aaron.

The server will be a good one i hope and i will buy VB in time but im broke. im a mechanic and during holiday seasons around 2-3 weeks before christmas till around mid jan there is not many job's for me.

So currently 160$usd is alot i need money for groceries, bills etc etc.

It may not be alot to you but think of it from my point of view. Im trying my hardest to make you guys happy and let me say one thing. Im not having everyone do my work.. TBH you didnt even have to make this thread you could have just spoken to me.

I really appreciate all of your help and I hope when my jobs start coming in again I can give you a vbulletin.
So for now I will definetely keep you updated on the servers progress.

Have a good day. Smile

Thanks - torso
Back to top Go down
https://project-toruk.forumotion.com
Jodie

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Mike wrote:
TBH you didnt even have to make this thread you could have just spoken to me.

And tbh, you didn't have to aim your thread mainly at me, you could've just spoken to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Like seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like seriously.   Like seriously. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Like seriously.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project-Toruk :: Suggestions-
Jump to: